Access Improvements Across the System
Samantha Heinrich, PE
At this time, the OTA is continuing design and planning work on four of the Access Improvement Projects. OTA has paused all activity on the remainder of the projects. Until the Oklahoma Supreme Court issues its decision on OTA’s application for approval of bonds, the OTA does not have access to the bond market to fund planning and construction activities for the ACCESS Oklahoma Program.
(Updated as of 03/25/22)
New or improved interchanges and other facility updates on existing turnpikes
An important part of the ACCESS Long Range Plan includes several projects that will improve existing facilities or provide new or improved access points to communities throughout the state.
Current planned interchange projects:
- Cimarron Turnpike: A new interchange at SH-108 near Glencoe
- Creek Turnpike: The rehabilitation of the existing bridges over Haikey Creek
- Creek Turnpike: Improvements to the SH-51 interchange in Broken Arrow
- HE Bailey Turnpike: Improvements to the Whitfield Road Interchange near Cyril
- HE Bailey Turnpike: A new interchange at US-277 near Cement & Ninnekah
- HE Bailey Turnpike: A new interchange at SH-92 near Chickasha
- HE Bailey Turnpike: A new interchange at CR1280 near Amber
- Indian Nation Turnpike: Improvements to the Ragan Road Interchange near Indianola
- Indian Nation Turnpike: A new interchange at SH-63 near Blanco
- Indian Nation Turnpike: Improvements to the US-69 Interchange near McAlester
- Indian Nation Turnpike: A new interchange at Tannehil Rd near McAlester
- Will Rogers Turnpike: Improvements to the SH-28 Interchange near Adair
Cimarron - SH-108 Interchange at Glencoe
Creek - Bridge Rehabilitation over Haikey Creek
Creek - SH-51 Interchange in Broken Arrow
HEB - Whitfield Road Interchange at Cyril
HEB - US-277 Interchange at Cement/Ninnekah
HEB - SH-92 Interchange at Chickasha
HEB - CR 1280 Interchange at Amber
Indian Nation - Ragan Road Interchange at Indianola
Indian Nation - SH-63 Interchange at Blanco
Indian Nation - US-69 Interchange at McAlester
Indian Nation - Tannehil Rd Interchange North of McAlester
Will Rogers - SH-28 Interchange at Adair
ACCESS OKLAHOMA PODCAST - H.E. BAILEY TURNPIKE
ACCESS OKLAHOMA PODCAST - INDIAN NATION TURNPIKE
Documentation for this project will be added as it becomes available.
Milestones will be added as project progresses.
Jan. 11, 2023
OTA resumed work on the ACCESS program in a limited capacity.
Dec. 8, 2022
OTA placed all work on the ACCESS program on pause.
Ground topographic and environmental surveys to begin. Certain property owners near these projects could receive letters requesting access to their property.
Contracts executed for the following firms to begin engineering on the first priority of access improvement projects:
- CR-34001: Bridge Rehabilitation over Haikey Creek = EST
- IN-36001: Ragan Road Interchange at Indianola = Olsson
- IN-36002: SH-63 Interchange at Blanco = Olsson
- WR-31006: SH-28 Interchange at Adair = Garver
Mar. 11, 2022
Engineering teams assigned to specific projects throughout the program to begin preliminary design and necessary studies of the corridor.
Feb. 22, 2022
ACCESS Long-Range Bond Program Announced.
Dec. 7, 2021
Authority Board approves OTA Long-Range Transportation Plan.